Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way. Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23, 2011

"O how great the holiness of our God! For he knoweth all things, and there is not anything save he knows it."
-2 Nephi 9:20

Dear Family and Friends,

A week has passed, and I never was able to retype that last blog! Time flies when you are happily married!!! Basically what I said last week was how much I loved my husband Matt, and how I love starting my new life with him. Life has been so busy with putting together and organizing our apartment, settling in, fighting the battles of work and school, etc.......So again we apologize for the lack of blog-ness.

Matt and I are doing great! We make the most wonderful team together! I never knew life could be so amazing! Being married has certainly opened my eyes even more to truly how great God is. He really does have a GREAT PLAN OF HAPPINESS for us. The plan of salvation seems even more real to me now than it did on my mission. I love facing life's adventures, obstacles, and blessings with my best friend and eternal companion. I can barely begin to express the gratitude I feel to God for such deep blessings. Even though it seems as though I have many trials......none of that compares to the great blessings that surround me.

MIRACLE OF THE WEEK: In December I was accepted to the U of U's Master's of Social Work - Advanced Standing Program. A couple weeks ago I attended an orientation meeting and practicum fair to get me going for the upcoming year. We are required to do a practicum (internship) for two semesters, and I have thought a lot about where I should go to fulfill this requirement. Honestly, I had a lot of places in my mind that I thought might be a good fit, but I didn't know exactly what I should do. At the practicum fair, I attended the meeting about LDS Family Services. Even though it seemed quite impossible and the odds were very slim, I decided it would be a good experience for me to at least try to get an internship with them. A lot of people would apply and be interviewed, but very few would be chosen, and I certainly wasn't as qualified as the rest! I knew for sure that it wasn't going to happen.......but God knew! Today I got a call from LDS Family Services that they have chosen me to be an intern in their Sandy office! I can hardly explain to you the immense gratitude I feel! I know this is from God. It is an absolute miracle, and I know it happened for a reason. There is a lot I am going to learn next year in school and with this internship that will prepare me better for life! What an honor it will be to learn from a place like LDSFS! I always wanted to be involved with them, and now here I am....

And it happened even though I least expected it. God really does have a plan for us! Prayers are answered. Miracles do exist. And calls really do come from God when you least expect them!

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Are you ready for the unexpected call? Do you trust Him when this call does come to move forward with faith?

Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way.
Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.
Love,
Hermana NAEGLE

P.S. Happy Birthday to my February family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the internship! I'm so excited for you!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete