Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way. Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2, 2011


"....we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever."
-Micah 4:5

Dear Family and Friends,

March 2nd is always a special day for me. Every year it causes me to cry with tears of happiness and gratitude! And this year is EXTRA special as I reach a big milestone in my life history......

MIRACLE OF THE WEEK: Today marks the TEN YEAR anniversary from when I had my back surgery. Ten years!! Can you believe it?! Tears still sting my eyes as I remember that early morning when my parents and I drove to the hospital. I will never forget as my parents and I held hands and cried before they wheeled me away on the stretcher. A peace filled my heart, and I knew God would protect me. Thanks to Dr. John Braun, his assistants, your prayers, and the miracles of the Lord, six or seven hours later the surgery was over and successful! Again, it was a miracle (just like it was at the time I actually broke my back) that no paralysis occurred. I will praise God forever that He saw fit to keep me walking and out of a wheelchair! And because He has done this, I commit to walk in His ways FOREVER!

Have any of you heard of the talk "The Currant Bush" by Hugh B. Brown?? I suggest you read it. I love this talk! Every time I hear it, I think of me breaking my back and how it has been the greatest blessing in my life. God cut me down so that I could grow up in the way He wanted me to grow! At a young age, I learned to trust Him, to love Him, to believe in miracles, and the list goes on. Hugh B. Brown says, "Many of you are going to have very difficult experiences: disappointment, heartbreak, bereavement, defeat. You are going to be tested and tried. I just want you to know that if you don’t get what you think you ought to get, remember, God is the gardener here. He knows what He wants you to be. Submit yourselves to His will. Be worthy of His blessings, and you will get His blessings."

I would never have chosen this path of back trouble, especially so young......but God knows best. It was His will, and I am 100% confident that His ways are higher than mine.

And I know He'll be there for me in the next 10 years of this grand adventure!!!

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: In whose name do you walk?

Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way.
Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.
Love,
Hermana Naegle

1 comment:

  1. I love that talk! Dallin told that story in his homecoming talk, and that was the first time I heard it. It is now a favorite. :) I love you, and I am so grateful you are my sister! Thank you for the reminder of Heavenly Father's ways, and how he sees things we don't for our own benefit. Love you!

    ReplyDelete