Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way. Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9, 2011


SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK:

2 Ne 12:3 - “Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths…”

Dear Family and Friends,
Hello all. I am grateful for this opportunity to say a few words and to catch you all up on the going ons with this newly-formed Naegle family. Two things before I get into this week’s miracle:

1) Can I just say how awesome being married is? I just got off the phone with my sister Liz and she reminded me that it will only get better; but man, it is kind of boggling to realize how much better life is on all levels. Having a best friend to share everything with (excitement, success, failures, worries, laughter, and outright craziness) is so much fun.

2) A quick comment on Jac’s last post: I love my wife more than anything! So I simply express my gratitude that she is here today and that I am given the charge to care for and be amazed by this sweet, fun angel.

MIRACLE OF THE WEEK:

Well this week’s miracle has to do with the scripture. We made a trip to the temple last weekend and saw a familiar face—my Uncle Tom. He was there serving and we saw each other as our session was moving from room to room. He came and found us after our session was over and we talked for a little bit. He told us that he and Linda go on a “date” every Saturday to the temple and serve for 8 hours! That’s what I’m talking about! Everyday people making it happen. Anyway, he offered to show us some of the rooms in the temple that you don’t typically see when doing a normal session in the Salt Lake Temple. We saw a room that Lorenzo Snow used as an office and the desk that belonged first to Brigham Young. We saw the room that was the meeting place for the quorum of the twelve and the first presidency before the new addition to the temple was added. There was such a distinct feeling in that room and I picture all of the prophets that passed through that room. The part that was craziest to me was to be reminded that the temple literally is the house of the Lord. He dwells there. He, himself, instructs those who come prepared. He appeared to Lorenzo Snow there and to who knows how many other prophets. It is a solemn thing to think (and believe) that the Lord dwells in that sacred place. He is real. He will teach us His ways. I testify that He lives.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

How strong is your commitment to learning from Him in His house?

Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way.Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment