Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way. Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 6, 2011



SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK:
"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him."
- 1 John 4:16

Dear Family and Friends,

Life was so busy in March!  Matt and I apologize for not writing more.  Last month was quite the adventure for us.  I was busy with Act of Love and the ballet concert, while my sweet hubby Matt was a study-hound and busy with his medical research and his new calling as Ward Executive Secretary.  Life was hectic.  I hardly had anytime to be with family or even with my dear Matt!  Thank goodness for the love of God, for angels, and for answers to prayers...... 

Over two weeks ago, I gave my very short notice and quit Act of Love.  Many of you may be very surprised and even wonder why since I am so passionate and obsessed with adoption!  You're right, I AM........but Matt and I know that at this time it was what we needed to do.  Plus, I start graduate school in June and my internship with LDS Family Services in August anyway, so NOW was a great time.  I could go into detail about why it's right, but that would defeat the purpose of merely stating that we feel such peace about it.  I know that God lives and loves me, and He is ever so mindful about the details in Matt's and my life.  Our family is His priority.  I hope you can feel that in each of your families!    

Very few people have experienced this: "Jaclyn, you just quit your job...What are you going to do next??"......."I'm going to DISNEYLAND!!"  :)  Yep, that's right!  Matt and I went to Disneyland to celebrate the beginning of our next step in life.  LET THE MEMORIES BEGIN!  I love that theme of Disneyland.  I can't imagine a better way to enjoy life and create beautiful memories with, than to do it with my best friend and husband Matt.  I love him so much!!!  We had a blast together hopping between Disneyland and California Adventure, while seeing beaches and visiting my sweet friend Amanda.  We were even able to spend time with Matt's mom in St. George, which was very nice.  It was a much needed trip away!  Family and friends is what it's all about! 

Everytime I have a lot of time on my hands, I always go super-crazy with goals and projects.  Don't be surprised if I call some of you to get your help on something or invite you to participate!  Plus, I just got a new calling!  I really enjoyed being the Primary pianist for a couple months, but this calling couldn't have come in a more perfect timing.  Matt and I were on our way back from Disneyland when the call came.  It's another reason why I know that God wanted me to have more time on my hands and not be so wrapped up at work.  He has a new role and work for me to do now!  I am now the 1st counselor in the Young Women!  I'm super excited.  There are several less-active girls and even non-members that I'm serving.  I love it already!  It brings me straight back to my mission.  I love how God works in wonderful and mysterious ways!  He had this in mind even before He answered Matt's and my prayer about my job.

If you haven't noticed, LOVE is my message today.  I know it's cheesy, but I have honestly thought so much about it this week, especially with General Conference and the most recent events of my life.  It has been NOW more than ever that I have come to understand God's love for me and my family.  His love can Heal all wounds, excite all hearts, comfort all times, and touch every life.  I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that is constantly aware of me.  It is His love that motivates me every day to be better and to live like His Son.  

MIRACLE OF THE WEEK:
181 years ago from TODAY, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized in Fayette, New York by the Prophet Joseph Smith.  How grateful I am for the Prophet Joseph and for all prophets!  I know that I felt the LOVE of God as I listened to Him speak through His servants last weekend.  I felt the Spirit.  I felt inspired.  I felt comforted.  I felt blessed.  I know that each of you did too.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:
Do you dwell in God's love?

Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way.
Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.
Love,
Hermana NAEGLE

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how our Heavenly Father closes one door in order to open another! I"m so excited for you to be in Young Womens! You are going to be just what those girls need. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete