Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way. Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April 13, 2011


SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK:
…God having redeemed man from the fall, men became again, in their infant state, innocent before God. – D&C 93:38

Dear Family and Friends,

Hey everybody! We hope your week was great because ours was wonderful here in Salt Lake. I had a Biology test last Thursday, and although it may not be 100% I think I did pretty well. I still have one more year of pre-reqs at the U until I take the MCAT in May of next year. Woo hoo! A fun update is that Jaclyn and I are registering for classes this fall, and are signed up for classes on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday around the same time. So we will be found before and after class together in the library holding hands… That’s what couples do on campus, right? At least that’s what BYU taught me because that seems to be my only memory of the BYU library (all you BYU goers know what I’m talking about, they’re everywhere!).

Anyways, Jaclyn is starting to get more and more immersed in her new calling as 1st counselor in the young women’s. Just tonight they had an activity over at the ward and the girls welcomed in a newcomer girl who just moved in and may be borderline inactive. The girl is very excited to keep coming to the activities, and the other girls seem to be doing better and better. Jaclyn, needless to say, is very excited about the whole thing.

We also had the chance to go see the Carl Bloch exhibit at the BYU MOA… Amazing. That’s what it is. It is so telling that God is involved with so many people. Even though he, Carl Bloch, never found the church, he was so moved by the Holy Ghost to illustrate to us the gospel message. A painting can communicate things to you that words just can’t; and Carl Bloch is an excellent communicator who helped deepen my testimony. My favorite painting there on exhibit is Christ and the Young Child. The child is innocent, pure, and watched over very protectively by Christ. This is a great segue into the miracle for the week. 

MIRACLE OF THE WEEK:
This is a very special miracle that I will talk about this week. Our little niece, Maya, was blessed at church on Sunday. She is so special and we are grateful for her spirit in our family. If you have the chance this week to hold a recently born baby, make plans to do it. Look in the eyes of that little person and ponder where he or she recently came from. Who was the last person to talk to him or her when they left to come to Earth? What specific mission does this baby have to accomplish while here?

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:
...And how can I return to have the innocence of this baby?

Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way.
Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.
Love,
Matt

1 comment:

  1. I marvel at that when I look in my babies eyes as well. It's almost as if the love of our Heavenly Father radiates from them, and you can just feel it when you hold them! I love you, Matt, and THANK YOU for being a part of the blessing. My girls are SO blessed to be surrounded with the priesthood!!!

    ReplyDelete