Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way. Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday - November 3, 2011


SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK:  Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy loving kindness and thy truth continually preserve me.  - Psalms 40:11

Dear Family and Friends,

Okay, so I know it's Thursday and this totally misses the point of my Legacy WEDNESDAYS theme, but I Have To Blog Today!!!  Today has been so miraculous!
  • We found out that Jess gets home on Sunday instead of next Wednesday from her mission because of flooding in Bangkok. We are so excited to see her! 
  • My sweet friend from Spain, Mabel, called me.  
  • Congrats Liz and Willie for your new baby boy born today!  
The list goes on.  What a wonderful day!!!!  I can't stop smiling.  I am trying to stay calm and concentrate cuz I have a big presentation tomorrow, but I wanted to blog today to let you know how grateful I am for the many miracles that God is raining down upon our lives.

Here's an update................


First of all, it has been FOREVER since we have written.  SORRY!  The last time you heard from us was when we were in Ecuador! 

So......the end of our trip was awesome. After Manta, we visited his other areas: Quevedo, Babahoyo, Duran, and Guayaquil.  It was a full week!  I loved the adventure!  It was so much fun to see more of Matt's eternal mission friends and converts.  I could go into great detail, but suffice it to say that it was so special for both of us to be in Ecuador together.  I know that Matt's mission changed his life.  I feel honored that I was able to visit his mission with him and see how his efforts still play an eternal role in the lives of those people he touched.  And I know he felt the same way when we were in Spain!  What a blessing it has been to have shared these experiences with each other in Ecuador and Spain together this year.

September: School, School, School. That's all this month was. It was pretty hard for me to get back into the swing of school.  I'm so glad my program is only one year.  Matt and I are BOTH in school full-time, and we are also both trying to juggle work, callings, and med school requirements on top of that.  Life does not slow down!

ALSO, a huge miracle happened in September!  Henry, one of my converts from Spain, flew to Utah and was sealed to his beautiful wife and daughter in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.  (Mabel, mentioned above, is his wife!)  My tears flowed freely and my heart sang with joy as I saw them kneel around the altar together and be sealed as a family for time and all eternity.  Having the Bustamante family sealed in April and now them..............I cannot adequately express how grateful I feel toward my Father in Heaven for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of these great miracles.  My mission continues to bless me daily!


October: This is usually my favorite month!  But this year I was so sick during October.  NO FUN!  I was miserable for several days, and I had a million papers and projects to complete despite the sickness.  Thank goodness I have such a sweet husband!  During October, Matt also went to the Moab area to do service over our "fall break."  We also celebrated our one year anniversary of becoming engaged.  So it turned out to be a great month.  Still busy with school and loving the fall season.

It's now November!  And it is starting off great.  I love the feeling in the air as we near the holidays.  Thanks for being patient as I juggle my new responsibilities with graduate school, and I'll try really hard to be better at blogging from now on.

Overall, life is wonderful.  I know that God is in our lives.  He loves each of us.  I can see miracles all around me!  MIRACLE OF THE WEEK: Simply put, God puts angels here on earth to help us through our challenges and trials. We are NEVER alone.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: When was the last time you felt God's hand in your life?

Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way.
Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.
Love,
Jaclyn and Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment