Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way. Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 8, 2010

Scripture of the Week:

Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the
dews from heaven.

-D&C 121:45

Miracle of the Week:


Almost a month ago, I bought some tickets to go with Jaclyn to see the Forgotten Carols. She didn't have anything on that day then, but this week Jac got a call saying she needed to go to Arizona--exactly the day that we were going to go see the show. She was leaving and not coming back until Thursday morning. That was no good, but she gave me the idea to take one of my sisters out instead. I thought it was a great idea. I thought that I hadn't seen Emily for a while so I invited her and she said yes. So that night we planned when we would meet and where. The next day Jaclyn and I spoke several times just to get caught up on what's going on and confirms that she won't be back from Arizona until the next morning. Meanwhile, I continued to studying until the time came to leave to meet Emily. When I finally got to the restaurant where we said we would meet I went inside and asked if an "Emily" was waiting for me. They said yes and to walk into the dining area and turn left. As soon as I turned the corner, I thought that my eyes were deceiving me! Jaclyn was sitting there looking at me with the biggest smile on her face! I was so shocked to see her there! It instantly brightened my day. She had finagled her way on to a flight today and got to SLC at around 3 pm all the while orchestrating with her mom (who picked her up from the airport and basically prepared all of our wedding invitations... amazing!).

Anyway, that was a tender mercy of the Lord that distilled upon my soul. I love Jaclyn!

Question of the week: What does virtue mean to you? How do you apply this scripture?


Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way.
Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.
Love,
Matt



No comments:

Post a Comment