Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way. Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 30, 2011



SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK:
"Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation."
-2 Nephi 4:30


Dear Family and Friends,

I know it's not even Wednesday, but I had to get on and write about today. Today is a special and miraculous day! I will never forget what happened on January 30, 2010. One year ago, my life changed forever. In memory of today, I wanted to copy a portion of the email that I sent home as a missionary:

Now to the MIRACLE OF THE WEEK and basically the MIRACLE OF THE MISSION: We helped the Lord baptize an entire family!!!! The Bustamante family (Salomón, Olivia, Michelle, and Claudia), were all baptized on Saturday (the 30th) and confirmed on Sunday. President Watkins had the great privilege of baptizing them all. The Spirit was SO STRONG throughout the whole baptismal service and during the confirmations. I fought back tears giving my talk! Salomón said he felt like he was on fire from the Spirit. I feel so overwhelmed and happy right now. I can´t even tell you the hundredth part about the miracle of this family. WE ONLY MET THEM THREE WEEKS AGO!!! They are so elect, and I have no doubt that God has been preparing them for this very moment. Before I left on my mission (and especially during the earthquake in China), I felt really strongly that people were waiting for me.........and I KNOW that this family was one of the biggest, if not THE biggest reason for that feeling.

I had to sign on today and express to all of you my love for the Gospel and the gratitude I feel for the opportunity I had to serve as a missionary for the Savior. One year ago from today will go down in history as one of the happiest days of my life! And little did I know that things would just keep getting better! Now I'm married to the most amazing man who I feel privileged to call my eternal companion and best friend!! Tears sting my eyes as I sit here and rejoice in the Lord and His many tender mercies. My heart is so full for my many blessings!

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: In whom does your soul rejoice?

Have Faith. Have Hope. Live Like His Son. Help Others On Their Way.
Be Consistent. Please, No Empty Chairs.
Love,
Hermana NAEGLE

P.S. It's my first official post as Hermana NAEGLE!!!! Hip Hip Hooray! I promise that Matt and I will be better at the blog now. We realize that we haven't written in forever, and we sincerely apologize. In the coming weeks, we have so much to catch you up on.......So Be Ready!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being such a sweet example to me. I hope to be able to be a part of such wonderful miracles on my mission, too.

    -Adrianne

    ReplyDelete